Monday, May 5, 2008

Week 2 of 9

Weeks 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, and 9 aren't bad ones ... just a Bleomycin shot on Monday, along with some lab work to check on my blood count. Then my body gets the rest of the time to build itself back up for the tiresome five-day weeks.

My blood counts today were looking pretty good: white blood cells in the south side of normal range, red blood cells only slightly below average.

Side effects? I'd say the most pronounced one at the moment is the weird feeling of my skin stretched too tight over my skull. That and a general fuzziness. My thoughts are kind of sloughing around like syrup. It's a bit like being drunk, but without the euphoric rise in energy.

I wish I had something more interesting to add at the moment but -- ahhh, you know what? I'm pretty glad I don't have anything more interesting to add at the moment, as "interesting" at this point would tend more toward the ill than the good. I am blessed to be boring.

Perhaps when the bleo fog lifts from my brain ... tomorrow, mayhap? ... I will say something amusing.

Perhaps!

In the meantime, I find that Hercules and Love Affair is very agreeable to my spirits. Yours too, perhaps?



Disco!

1 comment:

Tessa said...

Love Hercules. Try some Chromeo or Yelle. I think will bring high spirits and dancin' feet.